Tuesday 8 March 2011

Heavenly Vintage

I want to get married again. To the current 'Mr' of course, but I want to do it again so that I can wear a Heavenly Vintage dress. When I got Helena Butler's email, the images just blew me away. I love the first dress so much it gives me goosebumps.

We're so excited to have Helena bring her collection of spectacular vintage wedding dresses to the fair. She has a wondeful eye for....well....perfection! And she treats these dresses to the best restoration imagineable.

We love her collection and we love her approach. Check out some of these beauties and read what she has to say below. And, of course, come and meet Helena and her dresses at the fair...


I am based in West London where I have about 50 Vintage Wedding dresses mainly from the 30's to the 80's.  There is something wonderful about each decade, and I do my utmost to seek special dresses in great condition.

I love the elegance and glamour of the 30's, the more tailored fit of the 40's and the 'prom ' styles of the 50's, which I have in tea length and full length.


I also admire the 60's and have some great short wedding dresses, one of which is a wonderful Christian Dior dress - feather trimmed.


The 70's has lots to offer and I have some lovely floaty Boho dresses from that time. I have a few fabulous dresses from the 80's too, very sexy!     

Vintage clothing is a passion of mine maybe from watching all those old films on a Sunday afternoon as a child with my mother and sister! I find these lovely old gowns so well made and the attention to detail is fantastic, I get very excited when I see a dress I just have to have for my collection.

Usually Brides come to my home where I have a little studio, but also I attend lots of fairs and I am so pleased to be taking part in Ali and Katie's first Vintage Wedding Fair.


All my dresses are original vintage, some require lots of loving care in order for me to get them looking great again, others have been stored very well and look fabulous already. But in the end it's finding the right dress for each lovely Bride that is important and I try to give a good service either at a Fair or here in London.




No comments:

Post a Comment