Saturday 16 March 2013

While we're waiting for the pictures from last week, I thought I'd tell you a little bit about my next two ventures.  First up is: 

THE WEIRD & WONDERFUL WEDDING WORLD SHOW!

Last autumn, when Emily of Fishee Designs Photo Booth moved to Bristol, we met up for a coffee and a gossip.  I'd met Emily earlier last year when she exhibited at the Bristol Vintage Wedding Fair and we hit it off straightaway, so it was lovely to know she was going to be in Bristol and I could get to know her better.  That morning over coffee we agreed we felt it was time for a truly alternative wedding show in Bristol - for all those brides out there who want something different other than vintage.  I'd come across so many amazing business who didn't necessarily fit into the 'Vintage' niche whilst researching the Fair and Emily had met lots of fascinating people on her Photo Booth travels.  

Incredibly, when I got home, I had a call from the lovely Sarah, of At-Bristol, to talk about the possibility of a wedding fair at their amazing venue, and a little light bulb went off in my head - the PERFECT venue for an alternative fair!

So, since then, Emily and I have been talking to all sorts of amazing exhibitors and we think  you'll love what we've come up with for Bristol's first truly alternative wedding fair - fairytale dresses, out of this world accessories and the cream of alternative exhibitors just dying to share it all with you!

To make it a really different event, we decided to hold the show in the evening with fabulous bands and bars.  The incredibly generous At-Bristol are offering every guest who pre-registers a free Kir Royale on arrival to get you in the mood, and we have a catwalk under the stars in the Planetarium.  

I love working with Emily as she's so full of enthusiasm, and, to top it all, is incredibly creative - the ying to my organisational yang!  She's produced the stunning artwork for our logo and built our funky blog.


I was thrilled when she suggested producing a glossy magazine for the show and have never had so much fun as the day of the photo shoot with our amazing team of hair and make-up artists and the coolest models you could meet!  Laura Power, the photographer, is a genius and totally brought our vision to life!

The magazine is launched today - we are SO proud of it and it will give you a great feel for what the show has to offer.


So - get over to the Weird and Wonderful Wedding World Show site now and take a look at all the amazingness on offer!

Entry is free if you pre-register (£5 if not) and pre-registration closes on Friday 5th April!


Watch this space for news of another venture I'm involved in!


No comments:

Post a Comment